After completion of the course students are expected to be able to:
- be aware of the ethics with respect to ethical hacking and its legal implication
- understand the penetration process, from utilizing the human and physical element of a system, all the way through information gathering to an actual systempenetration
- be able to perform a series of zero-touch reconnaissance and information gatheringprocess in order to facilitate an effective penetration of a system and/or site
- apply strategies in order to compromise modern operating systems like Windowsfamily of OSs and the Unix family of OSs
- describe a range of approaches to compromise modern infrastructure, both wiredand wireless
- understand common web infrastructure and applications attack vectors and be ableto utilize tools and skills in order to attack web infrastructures and applications
- be apprised on common database vulnerabilities and attack approaches in order tocreate an effective attack against such systems
- critically evaluate the potential countermeasures to hacking techniques in order toevade attack detection mechanisms.
More info can be found in ECTS course syllabus.