After completion of the course students are expected to be able to:
- discuss a wide range of network attacks.
- apply risk assessment techniques related to security threats.
- identify network attacks (denial of service, flooding, sniffing and traffic redirection,inside attacks, etc.) and basic network defense tools.
- identify various types of malicious software and use countermeasuredefense/detection tools.
- apply practical ways to harden Web and Internet Resources, as well as OperatingSystems.
- create a solid enterprise-wide information security infrastructure, includinganalyzing the security needs of the enterprise, designing a strategic plan to address the security requirements, selecting the appropriate tools to implement the security organizational policies, and establishing recovery techniques from disruptive and destructive information security events.
More info can be found in ECTS course syllabus.