After completion of the course students are expected to be able to:
1. discuss and use basic cryptographic techniques
2. critically assess user authentication mechanisms, including choosing strong passwords
3. discuss and utilize access control techniques that could be employed in various operating systems and their impact on users
4. identify vulnerabilities in simple programs and rewrite them to make programs safe
5. identity various types of malicious software and use countermeasure defense/detection tools
6. determine and assess protection policies and mechanisms to secure a personal desktop.
More info can be found at ECTS course syllabus.